Some proponents of CBD oil as a plant medicine for all ailment were taken aback last Thurday (15/8/2019) when I suggested that it may worsen glaucoma if it is used as eyes drops, as many Nigerians are doing. My suggestion was based on the evidence of an Indiana University research that cannabinol eye drops raised Intra occlular Pressure (IOP), in experimental animal. Above normal (IOP) is a risk factor or cause of glaucoma in humans.
This is not a knock- out blow for medicinal hemp oil, as CBD oil is also call. Indeed, CBD oil has many interesting and beneficial uses, especially in seizures (Epilepsy), arthritis, cancer, anxiety, depression, and many other health challenges. CBD oil as been accepted by doctors in Europe and America as a medicinally useful after decades of argument hither and thither. Victory for CBD oil finally came from a new direction of studies in medicine known as Endocarnabinol system. In my days in high school in the 1960s, the in- thing was the balance diet. This was preceded by the germ theory of disease. Later, we learned about the pH (potential for Hydrogen) of the blood and body cells, and of acid/alkaline balance. Recently, we had about energy medicine and foods, and about important of drinking water.
Oxygenation and detoxification followed. Now, the new direction in the pursued of health is the endocarnabinol system. This system is believed to govern balance or equilibrium in the functions of all system in the body. I’ll health or disquite occurs where ever there in no balance or equilibrium such as in glaucoma. Health can be giving to the endorcarnabinol system to address this problems. The search for such help led to the discovery of carnnabinol oil in the medicinal species of Marijuana.
The Health based websites www.verywellhealth.com provide useful information for the adventurer as well as the doubting Thomas. From wwwverywellhealth.com ,comes the insight below…
HOLISTIC HEALTH HERBAL MEDICINE
CBD Oil: Benefits, Uses, Side Effects, and Safety
By Cathy Wong
Updated July 12, 2019
Medically reviewed by Claudia Chaves, MD
In This Article
As more and more states legalize the use of marijuana, a product known as CBD oil has surged in popularity. A chemical compound found in the cannabis plant, CBD, or cannabidiol, is non-intoxicating and does not cause the noticeable euphoric effects associated with tetrahydrocannabinol (or THC, another marijuana compound). Products marketed as CBD oil may contain THC.
CBD oil contains CBD (and often other active compounds) in a carrier oil. There are a number of forms of CBD oil, including softgel capsules, tinctures, and under-the-tongue sprays. Some forms of CBD oil can also be applied directly to the skin, in the form of products like creams and salves. The concentration of CBD varies from product to prt’s thought that CBD might affect your health by attaching to receptors in the body’s endocannabinoid system—a complex biological system involved in maintaining certain aspects of your health. Emerging research shows that endocannabinoids may play a role in regulating such functions as memory, sleep, and mood, as well as metabolic processes like energy balance. In addition, CBD oil may play a role in improving a variety of health conditions.
Conditions that CBD oil may help to improve
Illustration by Brianna Gilmartin, Verywell
Proponents of CBD oil claim that it can treat a wide variety of health issues, ranging from everyday ailments to chronic medical conditions. These issues include:
Loss of appetite and body weight
It’s also said that CBD oil can promote sounder sleep, reduce inflammation and pain, fight oxidative stress, improve heart health, support weight loss, and protect against some forms of cancer.
Although CBD oil is used for many different health-related purposes, there isn’t a great deal of research on the oil’s potential health benefits. However, there’s significant support for the effectiveness of CBD oil in the treatment of some forms of epilepsy.
In fact, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Epidiolex (a drug made with a purified form of CBD oil) in June 2018 for the treatment of seizures associated with two rare and severe forms of epilepsy in patients 2 years of age and older. These two epilepsy forms are known as Lennox-Gastaut syndrome and Dravet syndrome. Epidiolex is the first FDA-approved drug that contains a purified drug substance derived from marijuana.
Here’s a look at findings from recent studies on several other possible benefits of CBD oil:
CBD shows promise in the treatment of anxiety disorders, according to a report published in the journal Neurotherapeutics in 2015. Looking at results from experimental research, clinical trials, and epidemiological studies, the report’s authors found evidence that CBD may help treat generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder. However, the authors caution that human-based research on CBD and anxiety is fairly limited at this point.
Can Marijuana Really Reduce Symptoms of Anxiety?
CBD oil may be of some benefit to those with addiction, suggests a review published in the journal Substance Abuse in 2015. In their analysis of 14 previously published studies, scientists determined that CBD may have therapeutic effects in people with opioid, cocaine, and/or psychostimulant addiction. They also found that CBD may be beneficial in the treatment of cannabis and tobacco addiction. There is some evidence that CBD may block or reduce the effects of THC on the mind.
In a small study published in the journal JCI Insight in 2017, researchers observed that CBD may help prevent stress-related changes in blood pressure. For the study, nine healthy male volunteers took a single dose of either CBD or placebo. Compared to those given the placebo, those treated with CBD had lower blood pressure both before and after experiencing a stressful event.
Some research indicates that the use of CBD oil may trigger a number of side effects, including:
Changes in appetite
Changes in mood
There’s also some concern that the use of CBD oil may lead to increased levels of liver enzymes (a marker of liver damage or inflammation).
CBD oil may interact with several medications, including some types of anti-epileptic drugs.
A report from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) published in the journal Pediatrics cautions pregnant women and nursing mothers to avoid marijuana use due to possible adverse developmental effects to their baby. In a study reviewed for the report, short-term exposure to CBD was found to increase the permeability of the placental barrier, potentially placing the fetus at risk from certain substances.
If you’re considering trying CBD oil, it’s important to discuss potential side effects and adverse reactions with your physician. In one study, for instance, children with refractory epilepsy treated with CBD experienced an aggravation of seizures, sleepiness, digestive disturbances, and irritability.
CBD oils may contain some THC. Cannabis may impair your ability to drive safely or operate equipment and may have short- and long-term effects on your memory, attention, mood, heart rate, and mental health. It is also easy to overconsume CBD oil, so it’s important to start with a low dose, as it may take several hours or longer to begin to feel the effects after consumption.
el – Zaki; Many People Need Brain Examination
MUHAMMADU Buhari’s political and pathological haters may end up shooting themselves in the foot, after crying themselves hoarse, and probably boxing up their brains and impairing their health. We are such an epoch in human history when many people are unbalanced, irrespective of how well dress they are, or how robust they look or how eloquently they speak. A balanced, person is not fixed, rigid and uncessarily combative. el – Zaki and the Islamic Movement of Nigeria ( IMN) have become the the new barrometer to guage balance among Nigeria public policy commentators since former Senate Bukola Saraki took his bow as Sanate President and Atiku Abubakar began to cool his heels in the public space.
In el- Zaki dramas which throw him up as the under dog in his conflict with the government of Nigeria and presented the government as inquisutional and intimidating, most of the unbalanced commentators are Southern Nigerians and Christians who, in Yoruba parlance, believed they know a recalcitrant boy named Osho better than his mother knowns him. While the bereaved sheds normal tears, blood runs down their cheeks to show how deeply they grieve. el – Zaki’s case is a simple one…
1. He says he would never recognise a Nigerian government which is not founded on Islamic law and
2. WithThisThis Islamic Movement of Nigeria ( IMN), el- Zaki has the plans to Islamise Nigeria
3. In this venture, el- Zaki is funded by the government of Iran, which is sponsoring Islamic revolutions in many countries where it has local agents
4. The majority of Nigerian Muslems belong to a brand of Islam which is the dominating sect world-wide. el -Zaki sect is violent, unaccommodating and believes it has the duty to Sanitise Islamic nations such as Nigeria. His views somewhat agree with the original goals of Book Haram and of the dream of the fighters for an Islamic State of West Africa ( ISWA)
5. Iran is believed to be behind these movement, one way or the other.
6. Please recall that arms were found in a ship in Lagos during Ebele Jonathan’s Administration. There were many such finds in trucks heading out of Lagos. An Iranian linked to one of the finds on a ship escaped arrest and took refuge in the Iranian Embassy. Nigeria failed to stage a diplomatic row against this enemy act.
6. Southern Nigerians speak too much “grammar” or “bukuru” (book), as Northerners would say. They do not see that grammar life unbalances them. Does the Bible not warn about what too much learning does to a man? It makes them become too intellectual and less wise or intuitive. Indeed, there is a sharp different between the intellect and intuition. The intellect does not see beyond the nose. Earthly time and space conceptions cannot cage intuition. Southerners scream that President Buhari, a Northerner and moslem, is trying to Islamize Nigeria. Ebele Johnathan, a Southerner, and a Christian, could not cage el- Zaki, a Northerner and moslem, who wishes to Islamize Nigeria. As president, Johnathan told us frankly that he was not a soldier, although he was Commander in -Chief of the Armed Forces. Buhari, a moslem and a Northerner who was always accused of nursing Islamization gender, has done the seeming impossible and caged el- Zaki. Buhari, has refused, also, to let el-Zaki out on bail as a court ruled, and triggered a controversy over whether national security, the grounds on which he defied the court ruling, was superior to the Rule of Law in the governance of human rights.
When these arguments were in top gear, I wondered, with due respect to his lordship who granted el – Zaki bail , if Buhari was seeing what his critic were not seeing. This seeing or not seeing is for the purpose of argument only. What , l thought , if a lordship hearing an el- Zaki case in court was his disciple or a faithful sympathiser of his cause? In this scenario, the collision of National Security and Rule of law cannot be helped. It would be a case of whether it is right to protect the nation and sacrifice one man or to spare one man on account of his rights and let the nation be assunder.
All over human history, this has been a naughty nut to crack. If I am in the right and the whole world is in the wrong, I would not wish to lose a speck of my freedom. The world would have to bend. The fact that el- Zaki would not recognise the right of non- moslems to be non- moslem shows that he is weighing a war against the secular Nigerians States and should bow to national Security if the government is competent to deal with him.
Let us not underrate how permeating of Nigeria society el- Zaki can be. Book Haram permitted the army. Generals sent their scantly army troops to Book Haram arm bushes like cow sent to the slaughter labs, perhaps in exchange for Iranian money. Boko Haram, confident of insider support, even attacked an army Barracks. It could not be easily known which Northern Nigerian soldier was whole heatedly a Nigerian soldier or a Boko Haram agent. So, more southern soldiers had to be brought into the war. Before then, Boko Haram sacked the police headquarters in Abuja. It also attacked a United Nation office in Abuja. About fourteen local government areas in the North-east were captured by Book Haram, and their emirs were dethroned and replaced while Boko Haram flag fluttered everywhere. For every one thousand naira Nigeria pays its fighting soldier every day, Boko Haram’s financier pay about four times more to Boko’s rag tag soldier.
This was the scenario Buhari inherited from Johnathan. el – Zaki has Boko Haram capacity in his alliance with Iran. We all cry about banditry and kidnapping. Are we no shock to learn that some Nigerian soldiers are supplying guns to kidnappers and , may be also to cattle headers. What if they support el-Zaki for Iranian money? Are all these scenarios working together ? Atiku Abubakar is still in court, arguing he defeated President Buhari in the Presidential election. Nigeria’s Judiciary is sometime known to flow alone with society. We heard the supreme court say- in Obafemi Awolowo versus Shehu Shagari that two third of nineteenth states was twelve to third states. That gave victory to Shagari because that was what the military government of Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo wanted. In a later explanation, the supreme court said its decision should not be quoted in Nigerian law books. el- Zaki and Iran, on one hand, and el- Zaki and his backers in Nigeria on the other, are probably pushing social flow to a brink from which the court may have to pull Nigeria away and sign up someone else to led the country away from that brink. Zamfara State governor has just shown us it can be done again. Zamfara was turbulent before and after the election. The present governor woefully lost that election. But through legal default, the court disqualified the victor and give victory to the loser. Now, as governor, the loser has offer amnesty to bandits and kidnappers who quit the trade and work with its government. With this scenarios, Buhari cannot be expected to play Ludo, Chess or Monopoly with el-Zaki and Iran. What did chief Obafemi Awolowo do to the Nigerian States which led to his detention, trials and imprisonment on a ligation, that he committed treasonable felony? Did he arm his followers to harass Federal Institutions?
8. Southerners specially Christians, who politically or pathologically hated Buhari and are backing el- Zaki because the law tended at one time to lean on his side were seeing but not perceiving, hearing but not understanding, as the Bible says. Even one church leader said the proscription of IMN was an attack on region. Is IMN a religion or a religious sect or a socio- political terrorist movement? Why do Southerners think they know Osho better than his mother knows him? Northern Moslems know where the shoe is pinching them and wish to get rid of the shoe which , in any case, is unfriendly to both moslems and Christians down South. Should Southern Christians not be happy that a Northerner, anti Christian Islamic warrior who wishes to Islamize them ,but who a Christian president from the South could not cage, has been caged by a Northern and a moslem president? Or, do they prefer Islamisat
10. Many radio commentators in Lagos who supported el-Zaki against President Buhari must be covering their faces in shame right now as el- Zaki’s travel to India and back to Abuja, all in about five work days, has made President Buhari more popular and as a true defender of Nigeria and presented el-Zaki as merely wishing to link up with Iran and consolidate IMN mission to Islamize this country.
el – Zaki behaved like a crank. He was wheeled in a chair to arouse sympathy, as he headed out of Nigeria. In India, his legs muscles were as fit as fiddle. The suspect of some crimes, he wished to be checked into a Five Star Hotel. He would not agree to run laboratory and other tests to verify his health conditions. Rather, he asked that his Indian doctors continue with his treatment in Nigeria. No self respcting doctor would do that, el -Zaki knows this. And this raises aquestion: if he was in India for Nigerian treatment to be continued in that country, what was the point in going abroad for supposedly superior medical attention. This is interesting because el-Zaki, and not the government choose the hospital. The drama is fishy.
Unfortunately for his doctors back home in Nigeria, el-Zaki did not care if his demand suggested to reasonable people that his bill of health in Nigeria was made up. One of the events which tended to suggest so was the political tone and aura which the Indian Surgeon appeared preset to gathered. Suddenly, some Iranian emerged from the blue to hold meeting with el -Zaki . Nigerians security officials with him at the hospital did not agree. On top of all these, el – Zaki would eventually tell the world that the status of Indian hospital was not as palatial as the place he was kept in Abuja, and that he would like to return home. That was a sensible thing to do when his mission in India failed.
What a crank ! Only people like him will root for him. It should now be clear to all and Sunday that el- Saki’s dramas were meant to drum public sympathy for him, to offer him passage abroad where he would seek political asylum and continue his war on Nigeria.